PURUS Leather Mould Remover
PURUS Leather Mould Remover Kills 99.9% of household germs and helps to prevent mould from forming and growing on your treasured leather items.
When choosing a leather mould remover it is very important to choose cleaners that don’t ruin your leather in the process or set the scene for future mould and mildew invasions.
Leather is made of a tangled mass of fine root-like fibres, and once microscopic mould and mildew spores lodge deeply in this tangle, they are very difficult to shift. Anything strong enough to penetrate the leather fibres can destroy its fibres, compromising its structure and strength.
Don’t use old time remedies like vinegar, household bleach or alcohol—the concentrations needed to kill mould and mildew spores are also strong enough to damage the internal leather fibres. Also avoid traditional cleaners like saddle soap on already mouldy leather—these contain glycerin, which attracts and holds the very atmospheric moisture mould and mildew thrive on.
Rather, use PURUS Leather Mould Remover which penetrates and lubricates the leather deep to the core without introducing moisture, and which inhibit future mould and mildew growth.
To remove mould from your leather items, follow these simple steps:
- Dry out leather item in a warm room until completely dry.
- Remove surface mould with damp cloth (mould will wipe off if the leather has been dried out completely).
- Allow leather to dry completely for a second time.
- Clean dried leather thoroughly using the PURUS Leather Mould Remover.
- Keep leather clean, conditioned, and properly stored to prevent mould from returning.